The excitement has set in; you’re getting married! But where to start, what to do first? There are many vendors to book and dates to arrange. It would be great to have a plan for meeting with vendors, especially photographers, right? Well, lucky you! You’ve come to the right spot! Here are some questions to ask your potential photographer for your event.
Photo Credit: Katie Jaynes Photography
5. If you could describe your style in one word, what would it be?
6. Do you do mostly candids, portraits, or both?
7. What format do your photos come out in? Digital? Film?
8. Would you be willing to do specific shots we have planned for?
9. Would there be a backup plan if you are unable to be shoot my event for some reason?
10. Are there any other events you have that day that may cause issues in the timeline you would be scheduled for us?
11. Would you be willing to check out our venue if you have not shot it before?
12. Is there an additional charge if you are asked to stay later than planned?
13. Do you have liability insurance?
14. What is the projected cost for your services? When is it due?
15. What is your refund/cancellation policy?
16. Is the cost including travel fees?
17. How long does it typically take for you to send out the finished product?
18. What packages do you offer?
19. Do you have a list of references or reviews?
20. If I hire you, when will I receive a written contract?
21. What information do you need from me before the event?
We sincerely hope that this list is helpful for you! Good luck on all your event planning endeavors; feel free to reach out to us for help!
Public Relations Intern